Sunday, February 24, 2008

How To Irrigate Your Nasal Passages

I have been sick for over a week and had a fever for the last 4 days. I decided to not take the antibiotics I was prescribed and let my body and lots of herbs fight it out. At my mother's advice I bought a Neti pot (an Ayurvedic method for nasal irrigation), and let it sit on the kitchen counter for 3 days before I summoned up the courage to actually use it. I tried it out yesterday and I swear to god, my fever is gone, my head is clearer, and I am on the road to recovery. Here's a video demonstrating how to use (and how not to use) the Neti pot - it's pretty gnar gnar. (FYI - it's normally to used with warm salt water)

If you have allergies, or live in a polluted city, have sinus issues, etc. You might want to go pick one up for $16.99 at Whole Foods. More info on Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment