So does anybody remember back in January 2008 I posted the Recipe Exchange Program? No? Well I'm not surprised because only a couple people jumped on board. Anyhew, Sonya has been baking up a storm up in San Francisco and being a doctor of eastern medicine she's taking recipe exchange to a whole new level.
This is her email (she's not much of a blogger):
Round two of my Autumn baking craziness...
Everything I used for this recipe is organic and local, except for the spices (overseas). Nourishing & warming in character... very appropriate for the season!
• bartlett pears - li zi: nourish yin, moisten dryness, clear heat, regenerate fluids, and calm the heart - sweet & neutral
• goji berries - gou qi zi: nourish blood, yin, and essence - sweet & neutral
• walnuts - hu : tonify yang - sweet & warm
• fresh ginger - sheng jiang: warming; release the surface - spicy & warm
• cinnamon - gui zhi: warming; release the surface - spicy, sweet & warm
• clove - ding xiang: warm the interior & expel cold - spicy & warm
• nutmeg - rou dou kou: astringe, stabilize & bind - spicy & warm