Friday, September 3, 2010

lost & found: more berlin pics

The Oberholz - right outside my window. How perfect for me to have a bear and a horse sign right outside my window - which also happened to be the apartment building of my new-found Berlin friend Wibke.
Kids play on top of a bus at Mauerpark flea market
i love a good face
 The Kaiser Wilhelm church in West Berlin. The damaged tower is a symbol of Berlin's resolve to rebuild the city after the war and a constant reminder of the destruction of war.
My last night in Berlin we went to Bar 25. Deceiving on the outside, I thought I was entering a little dive bar but soon learned I was in the mecca of Berlin-kid party-till-next-week wonderland. 
We came specifically to see Jahcoozi, Sasha is Wibke's bff and she plays the trumpet. There is a special place in my heart for a good brass section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment