Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Stranger

I thought I would just quickly purchase an audio book at the iTunes store but I ended up spending almost 2 hours reading synopsis and user comments on dozens of books. It was really hard to decide and some people made negative comments about the narrators, which I never really took into consideration but I guess if they sucked they could potentially ruin the entire story for me. I finally decided on "The Stranger" by Albert Camus (unabridged). I have million great books to catch up on and Albert did win the Nobel prize and this one had lots of stars on all the user reviews. I'll let you know how it went.

Today I IM'd with David online while he was on a plane to NY and was simultaneously IMing with a friend in Johannesburg, all while sitting at my desk in Santa Monica. Technology is amazing.

On an unrelated note, I have a really hard time getting up in the morning. Especially at the ungodly hour of 5am, which is when Angelo and I have to get up and get ready for school since it's across town. We carpool with my mom-friend Angja and her daughter Azara and this morning Angja was pissed at me because we're always late to school on the mornings I drop the kids off. So when she called at 5:30am to make sure I was up she reminded me how much stress I'm causing her and that the kids actually got in trouble at school on Monday for being so late. In my rush to walk the dog, get all my shit together, and make sure Angelo had all his shit together I totally ran out of the house without my phone, or my hot cup of tea that I was really looking forward to! We were on time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment